Unicode Emoji 5.0 specification now final

From: <announcements_at_unicode.org>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 16:05:27 -0700

The new Emoji 5.0 <http://www.unicode.org/Public/emoji/5.0/> set was
finalized in March 2017: making it available for vendors to begin
working on their emoji fonts and code ahead of the release of Unicode
10.0, scheduled for June 2017.

The Emoji 5.0 specification
<http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr51/tr51-12.html> is now final as well.
The specification has become a technical standard, adding conformance
clauses and enhanced syntax definitions. A general mechanism for emoji
tag sequences has been added, initially used for country subdivisions
such as Scotland. The Emoji_Component property has been added, for
filtering out characters from keyboard palettes. The design and usage
guidelines have also been enhanced.

/The 239 new emoji are also now available for adoption
<http://unicode.org/consortium/adopt-a-character.html> to help the
Unicode Consortium’s work on digitally disadvantaged languages./

[emoji 1f92b image]

http://blog.unicode.org/2017/05/unicode-emoji-50-specification-now-final.html

----
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements