Usage of emoji in coding contexts!

From: Shriramana Sharma via Unicode <unicode_at_unicode.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 11:07:21 +0530

First time I'm seeing this (maybe others have seen this already):

https://github.com/wei/pull

Emoji being used in commit messages for classifying the nature of the
commit – bug fixes, feature additions etc

Now *that*'s a nice creative usage of emoji IMO…

I see they haven't used them always as the actual emoji characters but
sometimes as :coloned-tags: (or what do you call it) but I presume the
GitHub system will convert it to the actual characters before
displaying…

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा 𑀰𑁆𑀭𑀻𑀭𑀫𑀡𑀰𑀭𑁆𑀫𑀸