More Emoji Draft Candidates for 2019

From: <announcements_at_unicode.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2018 12:08:01 -0700

Couples Image There are now 179 proposed Emoji Draft Candidates
<http://unicode.org/emoji/future/emoji-candidates.html> (61 characters
plus variants) for 2019. These are the short-listed candidates for
Emoji 12.0, which is planned for release in 2019Q1 together with Unicode
12.0.

The following changes were made in the recent Unicode Technical
Committee (UTC) meeting:

   1. Added a candidate emoji for deaf person
   2. Changed service animal vest to safety vest, and added a candidate
      emoji sequence using it: service dog
   3. Added candidate emoji sequences for couple holding hands, with 55
      combinations of skin tone and gender
   4. Changed names and ordering for various characters

The list of draft candidates will be reviewed and finalized in the next
UTC meeting, this coming September. Feedback is solicited on short
names, keywords, and ordering. See also the Emoji 11.0 charts
<https://www.unicode.org/emoji/charts-11.0/index.html>.

Eight Emoji Provisional Candidates
<https://www.unicode.org/emoji/future/emoji-provisional.html> for 2020
were also added (ninja, military helmet, mammoth, feather, dodo, magic
wand, carpentry saw, screwdriver). For example:
􁌂

􁌅
ninja

magic wand

Between now and March 2019, these and other Provisional Candidates will
be collected. The Unicode emoji subcommittee will then assess the whole
set, and make recommendations to the UTC for which emoji to advance to
Draft Candidate status for 2020.

      Adopt-a-Character

/Over 130,000 characters are available for adoption
<http://unicode.org/consortium/adopt-a-character.html>, to help the
Unicode Consortium’s work on digitally disadvantaged languages./

[badge] <http://unicode.org/consortium/adopt-a-character.html>

http://blog.unicode.org/2018/08/more-emoji-draft-candidates-for-2019.html

----
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements