second attempt (was: A sign/abbreviation for "magister")

From: Janusz S. Bień via Unicode <unicode_at_unicode.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 06:45:13 +0100

My previous attempt to send this mail was rejected by the list as
spam. If this one will not appear on the list, would you be so kind to
forward it to the list and the listmaster?

On Mon, Oct 29 2018 at 12:20 -0700, Doug Ewell via Unicode wrote:

[...]

> The abbreviation in the postcard, rendered in
> plain text, is "Mr".

The relevant fragment of the postcard in a loose translation is

    Use the following address: <Abbreviation1> <Abbreviation2> <name>...
    <Abbreviation1> is the abbreviation of magister.

I don't think your rendering

   Mr is the abbreviation of magister.

has the same meaning.

Please note that I didn't asked *whether* to encode the abbreviation. I
asked *how* to do it.

If you think it is impossible to encode it in Unicode (without using
PUA), just say this explicitely.

BTW, I find it strange that nobody refers to an old thread

https://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2016-m12/0117.html

Best regards

Janusz

--