Re: Vendor-assigned emoji (was: Encoding italic)

From: wjgo_10009_at_btinternet.com via Unicode <wjgo_10009_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 19:05:16 +0000 (GMT)

James Kass wrote:

> Nobody disagreed and I think it’s a splendid suggestion.  If anyone is
> discussing drafting a proposal to accomplish this, please include me
> in the “cc”.

I too would like to receive copies of any discussions please.

In relation to the proposal, I opine that the facility should not allow
a glyph that has been assigned to be changed at a later date.

Given that discussion is about a whole plane of code points being
assigned, then even if the code points are assigned at fifty every month
that would take over one hundred years to fill a whole plane. Certainly
early months might have more than fifty allocations.

It is important to have stability as otherwise archived messages could
have their meaning retrospectively changed with no easy way to find out
the original meaning.

William Overington
Tuesday 12 February 2019