About Case Charts
The Case Charts provide charts of the characters in Unicode that
differ from at least one of their case forms (lower, title, upper, or
- The index pages are ordered by the following:
- By script, unless the script is COMMON or INHERITED
- By general category, in the latter two cases
- If characters have a decomposition containing a cased
character, but do not have a case mapping (lower, title, upper, or
fold), then they are listed in NoCaseMapping.
- Within each chart page, the code points are sorted by
lowercased NFKD, to place related characters next to one
- The characters added in the last release are in yellow.
Otherwise, the more interesting ones
have a light blue background. The other cells have grayed-out text.
- The more interesting ones are:
- lower: if different than the character
- title: if different than upper
- upper: if different than the character
- fold: if different than lower
- If your browser supports tool-tops, then hovering your mouse
over cells will show the names of the characters.
Hovering over a cell will show the name of the character in that
To properly view these charts, you need to have an updated
browser and Unicode fonts that cover the characters you are
interested in. For more information, see Display