- Unicode Copyright
- Copyright © 1991-2023 Unicode, Inc. All rights reserved.
Unicode Data Files ("DATA FILES") include all data files under the directories:
Unicode Data Files do not include PDF online code charts under the directory:
Unicode Software ("SOFTWARE") includes any source code published in the Unicode Standard
or any source code or compiled code under the directories:
- Certain documents and files on this website contain a legend
indicating that "Modification is permitted." Any person is
hereby authorized, without fee, to modify such documents and
files to create derivative works conforming to the Unicode®
Standard, subject to Terms and Conditions herein.
- Any person is hereby authorized, without fee, to view, use,
reproduce, and distribute all documents and files, subject to the Terms and Conditions
- Further specifications of rights and restrictions pertaining
to the use of the Unicode DATA FILES and SOFTWARE can be found in the
Unicode Data Files and Software License.
- Each version of the Unicode Standard has further
specifications of rights and restrictions of use. For the book
editions (Unicode 5.0 and earlier), these are found on the back
The Unicode PDF online code charts carry specific restrictions. Those restrictions are incorporated as the
first page of each PDF code chart.
- No license is granted to "mirror" the Unicode website where
a fee is charged for access to the "mirror" site.
- Modification is not permitted with respect to this document.
All copies of this document must be verbatim.
- Restricted Rights Legend
- Any technical
data or software which is licensed to the United States of
America, its agencies and/or instrumentalities under this
Agreement is commercial technical data or commercial computer
software developed exclusively at private expense as defined in
FAR 2.101, or DFARS 252.227-7014 (June 1995), as applicable. For
technical data, use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government
is subject to restrictions as set forth in DFARS 202.227-7015
Technical Data, Commercial and Items (Nov 1995) and this
Agreement. For Software, in accordance with FAR 12-212 or DFARS
227-7202, as applicable, use, duplication or disclosure by the
Government is subject to the restrictions set forth in this
- Warranties and Disclaimers
- This publication and/or website may include technical or
typographical errors or other inaccuracies. Changes are
periodically added to the information herein; these changes will
be incorporated in new editions of the publication and/or
website. Unicode, Inc. may make improvements and/or changes in the
product(s) and/or program(s) described in this publication
and/or website at any time.
- If this file has been purchased on magnetic or optical media
from Unicode, Inc. the sole and exclusive remedy for any claim
will be exchange of the defective media within ninety (90) days
of original purchase.
- EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SECTION E.2, THIS PUBLICATION AND/OR
SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER
EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. UNICODE, INC. AND ITS LICENSORS ASSUME
NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS PUBLICATION
AND/OR SOFTWARE OR OTHER DOCUMENTS WHICH ARE REFERENCED BY OR
LINKED TO THIS PUBLICATION OR THE UNICODE WEBSITE.
- Waiver of Damages
- In no event shall
Unicode, Inc. or its licensors be liable for any special, incidental,
indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages
whatsoever, whether or not Unicode, Inc. was advised of the possibility
of the damage, including, without limitation, those resulting from
the following: loss of use, data or profits, in connection with
the use, modification or distribution of this information or its
- Trademarks & Logos
- The Unicode Word Mark and the Unicode Logo are trademarks of Unicode, Inc. “The Unicode Consortium” and “Unicode, Inc.” are trade names of Unicode, Inc. Use of the information and materials found on this website indicates your acknowledgement of Unicode, Inc.’s exclusive worldwide rights in the Unicode Word Mark, the Unicode Logo, and the Unicode trade names.
- The Unicode Consortium Name and Trademark Usage Policy (“Trademark Policy”) are incorporated herein by reference and you agree to abide by the provisions of the Trademark Policy, which may be changed from time to time in the sole discretion of Unicode, Inc.
- All third party trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
- Jurisdiction and Venue. This website is operated from
a location in the State of California, United States of America.
Unicode, Inc. makes no representation that the materials are
appropriate for use in other locations. If you access this
website from other locations, you are responsible for compliance
with local laws. This Agreement, all use of this website and any
claims and damages resulting from use of this website are governed
solely by the laws of the State of California without regard to
any principles which would apply the laws of a different
jurisdiction. The user agrees that any disputes regarding this
website shall be resolved solely in the courts located in Santa
Clara County, California. The user agrees said courts have
personal jurisdiction and agree to waive any right to transfer
the dispute to any other forum.
- Modification by Unicode, Inc. Unicode, Inc. shall have the right
to modify this Agreement at any time by posting it to this website.
The user may not assign any part of this Agreement without
Unicode, Inc.’s prior written consent.
- Taxes. The user agrees to pay any taxes arising from
access to this website or use of the information herein, except
for those based on Unicode’s net income.
- Severability. If any provision of this
Agreement is declared invalid or unenforceable, the remaining
provisions of this Agreement shall remain in effect.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the
entire agreement between the parties.