Re: Amharic / Ethiopian

From: Joan Aliprand (BR.JMA@RLG.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Wed May 08 1996 - 12:42:03 EDT

On Wed, 8 May 96 09:18:26, Michael Forgey <75252.1523@CompuServe.COM>
asked:
> Or do some languages include only a subset of these [the Ethiopic]
> syllable glyphs? I am especially wondering about AMHARIC.

The Library of Congress has published a romanization (transliteration)
table for Amharic showing the syllables and the Latin script equivalents.
You will find it in "ALA-LC Romanization Tables: Transliteration Schemes
for Non-Roman Scripts" published by the Library of Congress.

To order a copy, contact LC's Cataloging Distribution Service at
1-800-255-3666 (according to their Web site you can charge your purchase).
You'll find the CDS Web site at http://lcweb.loc.gov/cds/

-- Joan Aliprand
   Research Libraries Group

To: UNICODE@UNICODE.ORG