Re: Cambodian / Khmer in Unicode

From: Joan Aliprand (BR.JMA@RLG.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Tue May 28 1996 - 17:06:36 EDT

> Help! Is there somebody out there working on Khmer for the UNICODE. I
> will be grateful if you can give me any information regarding this.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Winifredo Abulencia
> IRM Officer
> UNICEF Cambodia
> email: wabulencia@unicef.org

The Unicode Consortium published a draft proposal for Khmer (written by
Andy Daniels) in 1992 in Unicode Technical Report #1. (This document is
available from the Unicode Consortium, unicode-inc@unicode.org.)

This year, the Consortium has been working on the encoding of Khmer script
with an expert in Cambodia. Lee Collins is the lead person for the
Consortium in this effort.

I look forward to the contribution of Michael Everson which also brings in
work by Hugh McGregor Ross.

-- Joan Aliprand
   Chair, Unicode Technical Committee

To: UNICODE@UNICODE.ORG