Re: Cambodian / Khmer in UNICODE

From: Michael Everson (
Date: Tue May 28 1996 - 10:36:35 EDT

At 06:52 1996-05-28, Winifredo Abulencia wrote:
> Help! Is there somebody out there working on Khmer for the UNICODE. I
> will be grateful if you can give me any information regarding this.
> Winifredo Abulencia
> IRM Officer
> UNICEF Cambodia
> email:

I am working on it. I am preparing documents (based on documents by Rick
McGowan and by Hugh McGregor Ross) for the Unicode Technical Committee's
next meeting in June; I hope for preliminary support for that proposal, so
that it can go forward in WG2 for inclusion in ISO 10646.

Michael Everson
Irish National Representative

For those who are interested, I am doing the same thing for Burmese and

Michael Everson, Everson Gunn Teoranta
15 Port Chaeimhghein Íochtarach; Baile Átha Cliath 2; Éire (Ireland)
Gutháin: +353 1 478-2597, +353 1 283-9396