RE: (no subject)

From: Murray Sargent (murrays@microsoft.com)
Date: Fri Aug 09 1996 - 19:30:52 EDT

Microsoft is committed to Unicode. For example, Office 97 uses Unicode
internally and the Windows NT operating system has used Unicode from its
inception. The plan is to use Unicode in all products, altho the switch
hasn't been as easy as anticipated. For example, one still needs to
communicate with the nonUnicode code-page based world and this takes a
surprising amount of extra code that can't be stuck easily into the OS,
especially in rich-text environments that handle RTF and HTML. With all