More character set tables available

From: Mark Leisher (mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 24 1996 - 20:06:56 EDT

Our character set table distribution has been updated with 8 new character
sets reformatted from Andrew Hume's "tcs" program available from
ftp://plan9.att.com/plan9/unixsrc/tcs.shar.Z. These tables fall under any
restrictions mentioned in the "tcs" code or documentation.

An alternative information source for more character sets (around 150) is
available from ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu/pub/gnu/recode-3.4.tar.gz.

Our current distribution, now up to 80 tables, is available as:

  ftp://crl.nmsu.edu/CLR/multiling/character-sets/csets.tar.gz

The new additions are:

Filename CS Name Short Description
altvar.cset av Alternativnyj Variant Russian
atari.cset atari Atari-ST
ebcdic.cset ebcdic EBCDIC
iso646sf1.cset sf1 ISO646 Swedish/Finnish SF-1 variant
iso646sf2.cset sf2 ISO646 Swedish/Finnish SF-2 variant
next.cset next NEXTSTEP character set
osnovar.cset ov Osnovnoj Variant Russian
ucode.cset ucode U-code Russian

mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu
Mark Leisher "A designer knows he has achieved perfection
Computing Research Lab not when there is nothing left to add, but
New Mexico State University when there is nothing left to take away."
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL -- Antoine de Saint-Exup'ery
Las Cruces, NM 88003