Re: UTF-8 reg tags...

From: Jonathan Rosenne (100320.1303@CompuServe.COM)
Date: Wed Sep 11 1996 - 04:26:17 EDT

Let me add that Unicode defines what the application should do with a character
it does not support. It seems this was thought of even in early drafts of
Unicode, and the way I understand it the system should not care too much about
characters it does not understand.

Anyway, the human situation is much worse: If someone would send me some
perfectly valid Chinese in Unicode, and my machine were to provide the perfect
support, from the point of view of standards and protocols all would be just
fine but unfortunately I would not be able to read a word.

Jonathan Rosenne