Re: Korean characters

From: Mark Leisher (mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 09 1995 - 01:15:28 EST

    Linda> Would any of you know where I could find a table that lists
    Linda> Korean hanja characters against their hangul equivalents?

Since I don't know Korean, I don't know how useful it will be, but I
extracted a list of the Hangul and their possible Hanja from the
phrase and single dictionaries in kWnn (Wnn 4.2), the Hangul->Hanja
conversion server.

I have no idea how complete or accurate this data is.

I put a file out for ftp access if anyone wants a copy:

ftp://crl.nmsu.edu/incoming/hangul-hanja.txt

It will soon be moved to:

ftp://crl.nmsu.edu/CLR/multiling/korean/hangul-hanja.txt

It is about 17K (484 entries) and is in 8-bit KS C5601 coding.
mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu
Mark Leisher "The trick is not gaining the knowledge,
Computing Research Lab but surviving the lessons."
New Mexico State University -- "Svaha," Charles de Lint
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL
Las Cruces, NM 88003