Re: Comparison algorithms in UNICODE

From: Keld J|rn Simonsen (keld@dkuug.dk)
Date: Sat Aug 19 1995 - 08:28:41 EDT

unicode@Unicode.ORG writes:

> - Uppercase/Lowercase conversions

I believe the new GNU C compiler is handling this, but only in UTF-8.

This is operating on standard POSIX locales, and a lot of data
for this is available from the ISO POSIX WG15 collection of locales
in ftp://dkuug.dk/i18n/WG15-collection/locales

> - Comparison routines

This is also included in the new GNU C compiler/library.

> We will start doing this because I have not seen any public domain
> libraries that do this so far.

I will also be working in the field, so I would like to be
informed of your progress. Are what you produce to be in the
freeware category?

regards
Keld Simonsen