Re: HTML - i18n / NCR & charsets

From: Peter Flynn (
Date: Sat Nov 30 1996 - 17:39:14 EST

> 9F (159) -- Ÿ -- Ydieresis
>Y diaeresis is a non-existent character, according to the experts on
>TYPO-L, who have just discussed this in depth.

   According to the rules, a character cannot be deleted from UCS. So it has to
   stay with us.

Quite possibly, but we should understand that it should be flagged as
non-existent (so it can be reused :-) and an example of how easily
these things can get taken as gospel once they're committed to paper
and circulated to those who vote on these things in Geneva.