Re: List of languages covered by Unicode

From: Michael Everson (
Date: Fri Dec 20 1996 - 04:52:45 EST

At 16:14 1996-12-19, unicode@Unicode.ORG wrote:
>What languages does Unicode v2 actually cover?

It covers characters!

>I have a list of scripts that Unicode supports, but which language does
>each script cover? Is there an easy way for me to find this out?

No, there isn't an "easy way" (and a number of Version 2's character notes
regarding languages aren't quite right either, sad to say). For European
languages you can look at which is still a
work in progress but gives you an idea.

Michael Everson, Everson Gunn Teoranta
15 Port Chaeimhghein Íochtarach; Baile Átha Cliath 2; Éire (Ireland)
Gutháin:  +353 1 478-2597, +353 1 283-9396