Any web-published rebuttals to criticism?

From: Adrian Havill (havill@threeweb.ad.jp)
Date: Wed Jan 08 1997 - 21:33:18 EST

I came across the following document on the web, which contains a rather
detailed critcism of ISO 10646 and Unicode:

<http://www.personal-media.co.jp/vs/mltp96/index_e.html>

I disagree with many of the things he says, for example, he seems
confused in that he thinks that a "traditional" han character or a
"japanese-simplified" han character will be transformed... confusing
font "axis" with the "shape" axis. (very well presented in the Unicode
Standard Manual, I thought)

He also complains about the loss of language information one paragraph
after he somehow "identifies" certain han characters (8FC0, etc) as
being Japanese or Chinese.

There are other sections about how certain countries cannot benefit from
the performance of having a fixed width character set (they have to use
two or more code points to realize one glyph) where he seems to have a
point.

Is there a list of "rebuttals," clairifications/acknowledgement of
weaknesses, or a FAQ pertaining to the most common misunderstandings
about Unicode on the web?

--
Adrian Havill <http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/>    MAIN: +81 (06) 536-6731
S.E., System Planning & Production Division   FAX:  +81 (06) 536-6741