Re: New Hebrew character FB1D

From: Mark H David (mhd@gensym.com)
Date: Wed Jan 22 1997 - 17:11:58 EST

> However, Jonathan Rosenne is right. The proposed Yiddish FB1D behaves slightly
> different when printed. Unlike the corresponding Hebrew Yod with Hiriq, in
> finer traditional Yiddish typography, the diacritical Hiriq is often printed
> *above* the baseline.

That's an interesting point. However, based on the history that I know of, that
would be a different proposal. In other words, there is no proposal for any
"Yiddish FB1D" as a glyph variant. Only a straight precomposed combination,
with the same status as most of the other combinations of Hebrew letters, has
been proposed.

Mark David