Romanian terminology

From: Michael Everson (everson@indigo.ie)
Date: Wed May 21 1997 - 10:30:40 EDT

I am delighted to say that this morning I received the following fax from
Alexandra Stãtescu of Institutul Român de Standardizare in response to a
query I made regarding Romanian terminology:

=====
Yes, I can confirm the proposition:

The French character is C CU SEDILÃ
The Turkish character is C CU SEDILÃ
The Turkish character is S CU SEDILÃ
The Romanian character is S CU VIRGULÃ DEDESUBT
The Romanian character is S CU VIRGULÃ DEDESUBT

Thank you very much.

(Mult,umesc foarte mult.)

Alexandra
=====
CEDILLA does not appear in my Turkish dictionary, but COMMA is called VIRGÜL.

Best regards,

--
Michael Everson, Everson Gunn Teoranta
15 Port Chaeimhghein Íochtarach; Baile Átha Cliath 2; Éire (Ireland)