Re: Unicode 2.0 Unihan standard

From: Glenn Adams (glenn@spyglass.com)
Date: Wed Jun 11 1997 - 11:52:28 EDT

At 01:43 PM 6/10/97 -0700, Unicode Discussion wrote:
>Does anyone know about or have an opinion on the comprehensiveness of the
>Unicode 2.0 Unihan standard?

It depends on the context. It is 100% comprehensive in its coverage of
widely implemented CJK encoding standards (e.g., JIS X 0208, JIS X 0212, GB2312,
BIG5, KS C 5601). In contrast, its coverage is far from complete, say, in
terms of covering Chu+~ No>m Characters.

>I, for example, would like to know what the statistics are
>for _Shuowen_ or _Guangyun_ characters in that standard.

I'm not aware of any attempts to produce such statistics. It sounds like
a good research project.

Regards,
Glenn Adams