Please fix the list! (Was: RFC 1766 language tags)

From: Pete Resnick (presnick@qualcomm.com)
Date: Fri Jun 13 1997 - 17:15:32 EDT

On 6/13/97 at 3:05 PM -0500, Harald T. Alvestrand wrote:

>(note: in order to get the number of copies down, I've set an
>explicit Reply-to: on this message, pointing to ietf-languages only)

Well, you might have done that, but with this broken mailing list it does
no good.

I've been complaining about this for some time, and it's high time it gets
fixed. The Unicode list is munging headers all over the place. It screws
with From, it screws with Cc and Reply-To, and it screws with Date. It's
just plain broken; it violates e-mail standards. The headers on messages to
this list MUST NOT BE CHANGED AT ALL.

It's been far too long that this is going on. If we need to change the host
of this list from unicode.org in order to get this fixed in a timely
fashion, I will try to get QUALCOMM to set up this list. But the current
state of affairs is unacceptable and must change soon.

--
Pete Resnick <mailto:presnick@qualcomm.com>
QUALCOMM Incorporated