Re: Quick Tutorial: Unsubscribing Mailing Lists

From: Mark Leisher (mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 10 1997 - 23:28:40 EDT

    Markus> unsubscriptions. Please send your unsubscribe requests only to
    Markus> the ...-request address, not to the entire list.

    Markus> where do you send your request? Right, you send it to
    Markus> unicode-request@unicode.org and *NOT* to unicode@unicode.org.

style is a fairly recent convention and not all mailing lists are managed this
way. With the 2 or 3 currently popular mailing list managers, I find it
annoying having to remember all the different subscribe/unsubscribe
techniques.

I recently embarrassed myself when I had to ask someone how to subscribe to a
majordomo mailing list! I couldn't remember! I do long for the simple
Listserv days :-)
mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu
Mark Leisher "A designer knows he has achieved perfection
Computing Research Lab not when there is nothing left to add, but
New Mexico State University when there is nothing left to take away."
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL -- Antoine de Saint-Exup éry
Las Cruces, NM 88003