Re: unreined content types

From: Alain LaBont\i SCT (alb@riq.qc.ca)
Date: Fri Jul 11 1997 - 09:22:18 EDT

A 10:30 09/07/97 -0700, Rick McGowan a écrit :

Something very interesting came through from Alain LaBonté... A message
that claims to be
but contains some bizarre control characters in two lines:
> As an example, in the MS-Windows 1252 code page, the French œ, Œ and the
> Finnish š, Š are already coded in what is known as the C1 space in ISO/IEC

In case that appears to be rendered "properly" for you, here's what I see,
ASCIIfied:
> As an example, in the MS-Windows 1252 code page, the French ~^\, ~^L and the
> Finnish ~^Z, ~^J are already coded in what is known as the C1 space in
ISO/IEC

I would merely like to point out that the REAL content type of the message
is not ISO 8859-1, which contains no graphic characters in the "C1" range.

        Rick

<<<<

[Alain] :
You're perfectly right.

That's exactly the point in making Latin 0. You understood everything.

Alain LaBonté
Zürich airport