Re: Thanks for the "FROM" change!

From: David Goldsmith (goldsmith@apple.com)
Date: Tue Jul 15 1997 - 17:45:03 EDT

>On another matter, I reported yesterday that FTP problems seemed to
>be fixed. But today I see that on one system here ftp.unicode.org
>resolves to 199.201.213.148 (which refuses anonymous FTP), whereas my
>other systems resolved it to 17.254.3.208 which works fine. This may
>well be a problem on my end with stale DNS entries or something, but
>if other people are hitting this too then perhaps it should be
>investigated at the unicode.org end.

The "unicode.org" domain is handled by Apple Computer. As far as I can
tell, Apple's DNS system is returning the right IP address for
"ftp.unicode.org". I don't know why people are having problems.

John? Maybe we should forward these problem reports to Apple IS&T?

David Goldsmith
Architect
International, Text, and Graphics Group
Apple Computer, Inc.