Re: support in browsers for fonts

From: Markus G. Kuhn (
Date: Mon Jul 21 1997 - 14:02:22 EDT

Gary Grosso wrote on 1997-07-21 15:25 UTC:
> Question mostly for Markus:
> I tried following the instructions for viewing the etl font with xfd, but
> got only one "page". That is, the "Next page" button in xfd was disabled.

This is very odd. On both Linux and Solaris, I can press the Next Page
button in xfd and get many hundred ISO 10646-1 characters beyond Latin-1.

Are you sure that you have selected the right font, i.e. does the line above
the "Next Page" button in the xfd window really say

Otherwise, you have probably displayed some other default font that has
only ISO 8859-1.

Markus G. Kuhn, Computer Science grad student, Purdue
University, Indiana, USA -- email: