Re: support in browsers for fonts

From: Glen Perkins (gperkins@netcom.com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 1997 - 16:03:27 EDT

My complaint about IE 3's multiscript support was the interface. You had
to open a dialog box, change the default encoding, and close the dialog
box again to read a page that didn't properly tag its encoding (i.e.
almost all pages). This was a major bother compared to Netscape
Navigator's placement of the encoding list in a menu from where I could
rapidly switch encodings on the fly as I jumped from page to page.

Has this dialog box approach changed in IE 4? (Or, for that matter, in
Communicator?) I don't want to spend the day downloading a 22MB file
just to discover that IE's dialog box interface hasn't changed.

__Glen Perkins__