Lock & Unlock Symbols?

From: Doug Schiffer (dschiffer@XYZ.servtech.com)
Date: Sat Oct 11 1997 - 00:44:17 EDT

I am assisting with the creation of an multi-lingual embedded product,
and have deviously schemed to steer the software design towards using
Unicode :-)

However, one of the projects requirements is to have "lock" and "unlock"
symbols. I have searched in vain for these in the standards books. Is
it possible these should be included in the standard?

The symbols are to be a small padlock, with closed and open forms.

As an expediancy, I am thinking about using the private use area for
these, or
perhaps the checked and unchecked boxes (U+2610 & U+2612) to represent
these characters.