RE: Definitions (Was: Re: Charsets + encoding + codesets)

From: Murray Sargent (murrays@microsoft.com)
Date: Fri Oct 10 1997 - 20:43:28 EDT

Unicode considers control characters, except for TAB (U+0009), as beyond
Unicode's scope (see The Unicode Standard, Version 2.0, Sec. 2.6).
Nevertheless, we had a lively discussion on this alias back in May on
the line separator character that included discussion of CRLF, LF, CR,
etc., and I think we came to the conclusion that the next version of
Unicode should include a summary of how these control codes are commonly
used in current software. Has such a summary been written?

Thanks

Murray