Re: Euro - re-statement

From: Alain La Bont\i - ordi3dgsig (alb@sct.gouv.qc.ca)
Date: Thu Oct 16 1997 - 09:39:37 EDT

A 02:57 97-10-16 -0700, Harald.T.Alvestrand@uninett.no a écrit :
>as an European, I will not object to your statement that the euro
>is important.
>
>I will, however, continue to object to your statement that the
>euro *glyph* is important to Europeans.
>
> Harald A

[Alain] :
Whether or not you or I say that it is important (I have no strong opinion
on the glyph itself, I only thing in a nuanced fashion regarding the pros
and cons, as there are pros and cons), politics will bulldoze that symbol
over the world. And it allows to correct something else (;

Alain LaBonté
Québec