Re: Japanese character need help

From: Heinz Baumann (heinz.baumann@autodesk.com)
Date: Fri Oct 17 1997 - 03:25:12 EDT

First, I think you have to get a Japanese (double byte) enabled
version of Visual C++ and the Japanese (double byte) enabled
Win32 SDK. The second at least is required in order for you
to get the API function to understand that you are dealing with
double byte characters. If you use the English version of VC++
and SDK, the API probaly things that the strings passed to it
are in a single byte encoding and your mail header/contents is not
processed correctly. (Maybe you can set the _MBCS flag and the
English VC++ works as well. I don't know whether this works for
the APIs.)

I also don't know Java but I've heard that the the Java API should
have the required language support included. Check Sun's Java
site for more information on that.

Heinz

Heinz Baumann
Sen. Software Developer