boustrophedon

From: Chester, Bernard (BChester@saros.com)
Date: Tue Nov 04 1997 - 14:48:30 EST

I've never dealt with any languages that use this. Let me make sure I
understand this, please.

1. In Unicode, a particular codepoint has a default directionality

2. Using the special codes for Right-To-Left (RTL) and Left-To-Right
(LTR) we can override that default behavior. These overrides are
cleared by the codes paragraph separator (2029) and line separator
(2028).

3. How do we designate "boustrophedon" as a directionality? Is it
implicit in the codepoint? Must we format each line in advance with its
directionality?

4. If the character layout must be flipped in some cases, do we have two
flavors of boustrophedon (flipped and unflipped)? If so, is the
flipping a function of the codepoint, or the directionality?

Thanks

Bernard Chester
EDM Localization Coordinator, FileNET Bellevue
425-450-1479 bchester@filenet.com