Re: A (hopefully non-trivial) question

From: Gwidon S. Naskrent (naskrent@hoth.amu.edu.pl)
Date: Mon Nov 24 1997 - 05:25:09 EST

On Sun, 23 Nov 1997, John H. Jenkins wrote:

#>want to use the glyphs we show as a *template* to determine how to make
#>your own font, but it really isn't proper -- and may be illegal -- to
#>simply copy the glyphs from our gifs into font files.

Well, some glyphs are too low quality to be inserted into a font anyway;
they would stand apart from the rest too much.

#>The problem is fundamentally that the various characters come from
#>different sources and the sources are of different quality. Some of them
#>*we* scanned in and turned into fonts. :-)

Apart from the PDF idea: could the gifs be zipped together and placed in
ftp? That would save me a lot of downloading (unfortunately Mosaic, despite
its excellent Autosurf feature, cannot download pictures this way).

GSN