From: John H. Jenkins (
Date: Sun Nov 30 1997 - 20:13:03 EST

On 11/28/97 11:29 AM, =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Emil_HER=A9AK?=
( wrote:

>Of course, QuickDraw GX was supposed to provide this kind of rendering, but
>no one really implemented it and I hear it is being withdrawn. In favour of
>what I don't know.

Actually, GX isn't being withdrawn -- Apple just isn't committing any
more resources to maintaining or developing it. (And that changes oft as
the wind shifts, too.) Unicode Imaging Services and the Apple Type
Solution are the new loci for "smart font" solutions on the Macintosh,
and will be available next year with the next version of the Mac OS.

John H. Jenkins