Re: unicode UNIX editor recommendations

From: Richard A. Kunst (rkunst@acpub.duke.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 04 1997 - 13:19:47 EST

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, David Pope wrote:

> Does anyone have recommendations for a UNICODE text editor for
> UNIX, specifically for HPs?
>
> Also, any recommendations for the same on NT.

For NT, you can try Duke University's UniEdit, which runs on Windows 3.x,
95, and NT. There's a tryout edition with full language support available
for download from http://www.lang.duke.edu.

We have been working periodically on a Java version of UniEdit, which
would in theory work fine on HP Unix, but we have a *long* way to go in
implementing our input method editors and fonts across multiple platforms.

Best,
Rick Kunst