Re: java and unicode

From: Leong Kok Yong (kokyong@macross.ntd.org.sg)
Date: Tue Feb 03 1998 - 05:31:48 EST

You need to tweak your font.properties file to use a Unicode font and the
font must contain the glyph for Hebrew. Also, you can draw it on Canvas
but not a AWT widget like button or menu i think, correct me if i'm wrong.

If you use JDK 1.1, you can only get as far as Hebrew characters display
but not bidi display.

Only JDK 1.2 supports bidi.