Re: German-Library Collation

From: Tex Texin (texin@bedford.progress.COM)
Date: Sat Mar 07 1998 - 08:30:34 EST

Thanks Joan.
I wonder if this is the same as DIN5007?
I'll see if I can get a copy. The references will help. Mucho gracias.
On Mar 6, 3:36pm, Joan Aliprand wrote:
> Subject: Re: German-Library Collation
> REPLY TO 03/06/98 15:07 FROM UNICODE@UNICODE.ORG: German-Library
> Tex Texin wrote:
> >I have some questions about a sort ordering known as German-Library
> >Collation. I had asked a while back about where I could get a copy of
> >standard, but hit a dead end. Does anyone here have a knowledge of the
> >standard so that I could ask a few questions? Of course if I could
> >actually get a copy that would be outstanding.
> >
> >The questions are about non-alphabetic characters such as space,
> >quote, and other punctuation marks and whether the standard specifies
> >ordering for them.
> You may be looking for:
> Regeln fur die alphabetische Katalogisierung ... by the Verein
> Bibliothekare, Kommission fur Alphabetische Katalogisierung. Munchen :
> Verein, 1975.
> I'll put you in touch with a couple of librarians in Germany who may be
> able to answer your questions.
> -- Joan Aliprand
> Research Libraries Group
>-- End of excerpt from Joan Aliprand

Tex Texin                Manager International Products
Progress Software Corp.        Voice:   +1-781-280-4271
14 Oak Park                      Fax:   +1-781-280-4949
Bedford, MA 01730  USA
June 1-4, 1998    Americas Users Conference      Dallas, Texas U.S.A.
Aug. 17-19, 1998  Asia/Pacific Users Conference, Melbourne, Australia
Sept. 28-30, 1998 European Users Conference,     London, England
Find out more about Progress and Unicode at the
12th International Unicode Conference, Tokyo, April 8-10 1998