German-Library Collation

From: Tex Texin (texin@bedford.progress.COM)
Date: Fri Mar 06 1998 - 17:34:21 EST

Hi,
I have some questions about a sort ordering known as German-Library
Collation. I had asked a while back about where I could get a copy of the
standard, but hit a dead end. Does anyone here have a knowledge of the
standard so that I could ask a few questions? Of course if I could
actually get a copy that would be outstanding.

The questions are about non-alphabetic characters such as space, double
quote, and other punctuation marks and whether the standard specifies an
ordering for them.

Actually, I would be happy to study other products that have implemented
the standard, to use as a pseudo-reference if someone knows of one that
claims to implement it. (Probably many do, I just don't know who does.)

tex

Tex Texin                Manager International Products

Progress Software Corp.        Voice:   +1-781-280-4271
14 Oak Park                      Fax:   +1-781-280-4949
Bedford, MA 01730  USA
http://www.progress.com      texin@bedford.progress.com
June 1-4, 1998    Americas Users Conference      Dallas, Texas U.S.A.
Aug. 17-19, 1998  Asia/Pacific Users Conference, Melbourne, Australia
Sept. 28-30, 1998 European Users Conference,     London, England
Find out more about Progress and Unicode at the
12th International Unicode Conference, Tokyo, April 8-10 1998