CCCII radical tables?

From: Doug Schiffer (laotzu.XYZZY@dreamscape.com)
Date: Mon Apr 27 1998 - 02:40:35 EDT

I realize this is not really the right group for this, but I'm at a
loss to think of where else to find this out....

While researching Han characters *outside* of Unicode, I started playing
with the CCCII character set. I haven't found any tools that let you
actually display the set, so I whipped up a Visual Basic program that
displays it. The program lets you search the set by CCCII codepoint,
and compare the variant layers.

I'd like to allow searches by radical and stroke number. I have
radical/stroke numbers for layer 1, but not for layers 2-15. Does
anybody know if this information exists in the public domain?

Since I also have a Unicode to CCCII table, I could also make the
program selectively display only those characters that *don't* have
Unicode codepoint values. I think this might be a useful tool.

BTW: The CCCII fonts(64x64) are available at
ftp://nctuccca.edu.tw/Chinese/CCDB/

--
Stop population growth before population growth stops us
http://www.zpg.org/Default.htm