RE: Java 1.1.2 Native2ASCII

From: Michael Ditto (MDitto@ile.com)
Date: Wed May 06 1998 - 11:24:42 EDT

In this case I am only translating a Java properties file, the text from
which gets pulled at runtime, but does not get compiled. I am not having
some of the difficulties with characters not displaying at all (as described
in a couple of bugparade reports) but I am having some difficulty with the
incorrect characters displaying as a result of using Native2ASCII. My
initial guess given that I have not had time to play with it is that I am
incorrectly specifying the source codepage, and thus the incorrect Unicode
numbers are being chosen.