Re: Hawaiian language site goes Unicode

From: John Cowan (
Date: Wed Jun 03 1998 - 09:42:09 EDT

Kenneth Whistler wrote:

> Keola Donaghy ( is pioneering
> this attempt to switch an active website to Unicode,
> and would appreciate any feedback you might have.

I'm interested to know what process was used to assign U+02BB MODIFIER
LETTER TURNED COMMA as the appropriate rendering of Hawaiian
glottal stop. Although Lucida Sans Unicode has a glyph for this
character, Bitstream Cyberbit does not, which is unfortunate.
(Luckily for me, I have both fonts.)

John Cowan