RE: Can we read Arabic Text on English ver of Windows95

From: Lori Brownell (loribr@microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Jun 03 1998 - 13:25:41 EDT

The language packs that we have been referring to add functionality to the
browsing capabilities of Windows, not necessarily to all other Windows
applications. Other Windows applications can certainly take advantage of
the added support, but it depends on the application.

Windows NT 5.0 will allow you to run localized applications and support
input, display and output of content in any of the supported languages on
all language versions. The list of supported scripts include, but are not
limited to, Arabic, Hebrew, Thai, Russian, Greek, Japanese, Chinese, Korean,
Hindi, Tamil and Vietnamese. The input support includes running of the
Japanese, Chinese and Korean IMEs as well as keyboard input for other
languages. This means that the full set of IME APIs is supported on every
language version.

I'm not certain what level of multilingual support exists on Windows CE
devices. I'll pass along your question to the Windows CE team.

Lori