uctype: Unicode ctype-style package

From: John Cowan (cowan@locke.ccil.org)
Date: Tue Jun 16 1998 - 17:40:41 EDT

After a six-month detour through XML and Java and related matters,
I have finally cleaned up and released uctype 2.0, a ctype-style
C/C++ character classification package for Unicode using compiled-in
tables. I have upgraded to Unicode 2.1 in the process, but Unicode 2.0
folks will probably not have any real problems.

I have also made the API source-compatible with Mark Leisher's
excellent ucdata package, which stores its tables in external
(binary) files. There are minor differences: uctype supports
Unicode numeric values, ucdata supports decomposing precomposed
characters. A man page is included with uctype which (by intention)
documents both packages equally.

Download uctype at http://www.ccil.org/~cowan/ucdata-2.0.tar.gz ;
ucdata is available at
ftp://crl.nmsu.edu/CLR/multiling/unicode/ucdata.tar.gz .