many bounces yesterday

From: Sarasvati (root)
Date: Wed Jul 01 1998 - 13:58:12 EDT

Dearest Unicadetti:

This is low priority interrupt from your controlling device.

I'm very sorry for the many bounces from "EMAIL@hn.fpt.vn" yesterday.

Please rest assured that the Postmaster at the offending domain
has been suitably lambasted for sending us error-returns without
proper error indication, and to the wrong address. I do endeavour
to route as much of this nonsense as I can to the bit-bucket, but
even I require a clue or two in the headers.

Sometimes it takes a while to catch this sort of thing, since I run
on auto-pilot most of the time to free my luxurious 16MB of memory
for more amusing things than shuffling envelopes. If you ran at my
clock speed, I'm sure you would do the same.

You may now return to your regular programming and leave me
to my reveries.

Your more-or-less devoted servant,

        -- Sarasvati