ISO/TC46/SC2 character set registrations - Hebrew

From: Jonathan Rosenne (rosenne@netvision.net.il)
Date: Tue Jul 07 1998 - 13:06:52 EDT

The SII decided today to oppose the registration of the proposed Hebrew
character sets and the so called "missing" Hebrew characters.

The proposals are based on ISO 8957, a standard that had slipped through
the system and the withdrawal of which has been requested by the SII. As
far as we know, there are no implementations of ISO 8957.

It is my personal opinion that serious consideration should be given to any
new development of 8 bit code standards, apart from necessary maintenance
such as the Euro.

Jony