Re: Java and Unicode, Macintosh and Hebrew

From: David Goldsmith (goldsmith@apple.com)
Date: Tue Jul 28 1998 - 19:45:01 EDT

goatholl@sonic.net (goatholl@sonic.net) wrote:

>I would like to display some Hebrew Unicode characters using Java, on my
>Macintosh. So far, I haven't gotten anywhere. Can anyone else?

Hi,

I can't speak for other Java Virtual Machines on the Mac. These
instructions should work for Macintosh Runtime for Java 2.0, the current
release of Apple's VM. You can download it from

http://www.apple.com/macos/java/

In addition, you will need Apple's Hebrew Language Kit. This is an Apple
product you can find out about at:

http://www.apple.com/macos/multilingual/index.html

Just install the HLK, and MRJ 2.0 should be able to handle any Hebrew
characters that are in the MacHebrew character set.

Hope this helps,

David Goldsmith
International and Text Department Architect
Apple Computer, Inc.
goldsmith@apple.com