Re: Unicode Converter

From: Alain LaBont\i\ (alb@sct.gouv.qc.ca)
Date: Tue Aug 04 1998 - 15:18:26 EDT

A 10:49 98-08-04 -0700, Mark Davis a écrit :
>For examples, I have been using a small applet for converting between
>hex representations of Unicode and other codesets (UTF-8, JIS, 8859-x,
>&c.). In case anyone else is interested, I just posted it up on the
>web, on
>
>http://www.macchiato.com/mark/UnicodeConverter/
>
>If you try it out, please let me know if you have any feedback.

[Alain] :
On my machine, installed with Windows 95C (French version) with Netscape
4.05 French version, it does not work at all. I get a big gray box in the
middle of the screen with title upward: "Java Unicode Converter" and 2
hyperlinks: "Operation, Caveats".

It says in English on the status bar :
"Applet Unicode converter can't start: error:
java.lang.class.ClassFormatError: Class already loaded".

Btw I don't know what is a class in this context! I never knew when one
talks about Java. Sorry for my ignorance of this programming language (I'd
like to know, btw). A "class being loaded" seems odd to me.

Alain LaBonté
Québec