Re: Unicode Converter

From: Mark Davis (marked@best.com)
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 13:30:01 EDT

Alain,

I'm glad you were able to get it to work.

The Unicode converter is completely dependent on the implementation of Java
that you have in your browser. As a matter of fact, there is no public way to
add a converter--only Sun and licencees can do it.

I can't say when Sun is planning to add those converters (you can file a
feature request for any converters at Sun's java site). There is then a lag
until they get into the browsers. So, it might be some time until you see it
on your machine.

Mark

--
business: medavis2@us.ibm.com, mark@unicode.org