Re: Unicode Converter

From: Erik van der Poel (
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 14:12:16 EDT

It should be possible for the applet to check for the presence of
particular converters in the browser's Java implementation. I guess you
would just try to instantiate it, catch an exception (if any), and then
instantiate your own (from a class file on your Web server).

I'm not suggesting that you should actually take the time to do this.
But if somebody really wants this, I think it ought to be possible
without waiting for Sun and the Java licensees to come up with more