RE: Unicode Converter

From: John R. Dumas (dumasj@texas.net)
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 16:39:57 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik van der Poel [mailto:erik@netscape.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 1998 12:50 PM
To: Unicode List
Subject: Re: Unicode Converter

It should be possible for the applet to check for the presence of
particular converters in the browser's Java implementation. I guess you
would just try to instantiate it, catch an exception (if any), and then
instantiate your own (from a class file on your Web server).

I'm not suggesting that you should actually take the time to do this.
But if somebody really wants this, I think it ought to be possible
without waiting for Sun and the Java licensees to come up with more
converters.

Erik

Mark Davis wrote:

> The Unicode converter is completely dependent on the implementation of
Java